Monday, October 30, 2006

from blogger to flickr to the top of the world

Blogger Beta has done nothing to improve on posting pictures. It's made it worse actually.

On the other hand, flickr is so easy to use and works every time. So I think I'm going to switch from being a blogger to being a flickr. Writing posts takes way too long anyway.

Visit my flickr account and see some of what I shot last week for steel giant Arcelor-Mittal. The pictures were taken at the top of what will be, upon completion, the tallest tower in the world--the World Finance Center in Shanghai, China. Currently, work is "only" at the 50th floor but pretty impressive already.

Try this direct link to my pictures on flickr.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, don't be a stranger and give us some news once in a while, ok?

I almost switched to Flickr but the resize won't accommodate my needs: 700px wide and whatever height to match. I found it with Gallery2+WP but I realize the commenting and the community on Flickr is much livelier than on my own blog.

Perhaps I can double post the very best shots to Flickr...

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use MovableType and hand coded my design, but you thought about using PixelPost?

The China shots are great, they film or have you done some PP to make them more film like?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Taken said...

They're 120 film shot with a Mamiya 645 Pro TL. I just adjusted the colors during scan and removed dust and scratches with the healing brush and that's it. I only shot three rolls (45 pictures). The pictures I didn't post suffer from motion blur or very badly executed manual focus. The exposure was good on all the shots!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home