Monday, September 18, 2006

on assignment in China

I'm most likely going to be on assignment in China. I'm going to shoot the construction of a high-rise. I've been dreaming of doing that for a long time now and when I suggested it to a friend who works for big steel company that supplies the beams for such a project in Shanghai, he said, "Cool. Let's do it." I'm completely psyched at the idea. I can just see those night shots of welders operating 40 stories above ground.

The bad news, still today (what a day), is that visa laws are changing in Thailand and on October 1st, all foreigners that don't have retiree or work permits have to (to make a long story short) pack up. I'm in a bit of a panic and will try to meet up with some lawyers this week on this issue. A sizeable portion of the expat community here must be in a panic come to think of it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no they dont, its mainly aimed at the backpackers who abuse the 30 day visa on entry route.

if you get a triple entry visa, which in effect gives you 60 months (9 months if you get the 30 day extension every 60 days), its still possible to be here.

drop us a mail if you need clarification anyway

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on joining the .com'd few!

I liked the corporate shots, by the way... good luck with the skyscraper.

:-)

PS: I hope the coup is not a makor inconvenience and that you are alright.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home