Sunday, August 06, 2006

My First Pics in BK Magazine


..and the second time ever I have pictures published. Last time was a year ago in Phuket's local newspaper--a story I did on a local hip-hop crew and shot with peel-apart Polaroids, no kidding. This one was hardly easier. It was shot in medium format with 160 ASA film pushed to 400. Talk about overkill for pics that are just about twice the size of the negative or smaller. This is the last thing I shoot in medium format for BK.

If you read the little blurb of text that wasn't cropped, you now know August 12th is Thai mother's day (it's HM Queen Sirikit's birthday, a mother to all Thais). Don't forget!

For this article and many more, BK Magazine is available on www.asia-city.com.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the flowers on the left, and the top center shot is in your signature style...

American realism at night with some young asians on a vintage scooter!

:-)

Oh, and congrats btw...

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup great shot with the scooter.
Was this something you submitted to them or did they use pictures you had already shot?

12:07 AM  
Blogger Taken said...

thx!

BK sent me there.

I work for them full-time so they just send me to wherever they need pics from, whenever they need them..

8:15 AM  
Blogger Ana-chan said...

nice one!!!

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice nice... that calls for a drink ! demain ? :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Austin said...

Cool pics! Coincidentally, I just got back from taking pics at paak khlong talaat about an hour ago! Will post them at my blog if I get anything nice.

Austin

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home